Plan Options for UAlbany Students
Selecting A Meal Plan
The 2021-2022 meal plans are designed to provide maximum flexibility, value and convenience. These meal plans include declining balance funds called Discount Dollars that activate deep discounts at retail dining venues. All resident students are required to be on a meal plan. Meal plans are purchased per semester.
Students can begin signing up for a meal plan on 7/1/21 and will have until 9/3/21 to add/drop/change their meal plan.
For all Resident Freshman, Non-Freshman, University Apartment & Commuter Students.
For University Apartment & Commuter Students.
The myChoice Meal Plan offers University apartment and commuter students--who are not required to have a meal plan--the opportunity to explore and experience the benefits, variety and convenience of dining on campus with an abridged version of the myFlex Meal Plan. Unlike the myFlex plan, the myChoice plan does not allow additional Discount Dollars to be added and only one myChoice Plan can be purchased per semester.
Meal Plan Discounts
|50% off your purchase||30% off your purchase|
Corner Deli Bagel
Stocks & Stems
Argo Tea Cafe*
The Halal Shack
Sweet Shop @518 Market*
518 Market (excluding prepackaged goods)
If you go to the Fountain Grill and order a burger, fries and 24 oz beverage, you will pay:
$12.17* without Discount Dollars (plus tax)
$6.09* with Discount Dollars (50% discount, no tax added)
Meal plans are purchased per semester. The per semester pricing and details of the myGreatDane Meal Plan are as follows:
|Spring 2021 Price||Discount Dollars|
*Adjusted COVID-19 pricing due to changes in the academic calendar.
Kosher: Students can add a KOSHER MEAL PLAN for $100 additional (allows for access to the Kosher Kitchen at Indigenous Quad where they may pick up a kosher meal). Students may either pay an additional $100 or deduct $100 in Discount Dollars.
Kosher Kitchen will be closed Fall of 2020 but kosher meals provided by a local market will be available for pick up there. Please email IDcard@albany.edu to receive access to the pre-order form.
• Available option for all students (e.g., resident, apartment and commuter)
• All freshmen living in resident halls are required to have the myGreatDane Meal Plan (#1 or #2)
• Option #1 is automatically assigned to all freshmen living in resident housing.
• Resident freshmen can change to myGreatDane Meal Plan #2 starting June 1, 2020 through September 4, 2020.
• Meal plans are purchased per semester.
• Students can add up to $500 more in Discount Dollars per semester
• The myGreatDane Meal Plan comes with Discount Dollars that activate discounts at all retail dining locations (50% Sodexo/in-house brands and 30% local/regional/national brands)
• The myGreatDane Meal Plan will allow for a meal swipe during every scheduled meal period/7days a week at Indian and State Quad dining rooms.
• 518 Market and vending do not provide discounts when using Discount Dollars (use Munch Money/Podium/Campus Gold/cash/credit)
• Discount Dollars carry over from fall semester to spring semester but expire at the end of spring semester
• The plan is tax free (additional 8% savings on discounted price)
SUNY Poly students living at UAlbany may have different meal plan requirements based upon class year and residence. Please click here for additional details and information.
• Meal plans are activated when residence halls officially open for occupancy and end when they officially close. During times when the resident hall dining rooms are closed, but the resident halls are open, Discount Dollars and/or Munch Money can be used in retail locations.
• Non-freshmen students that have studied abroad, completed an internship or were off-campus for another approved reason during the previous semester and are now living in a resident hall, will automatically be assigned the myFlex Meal Plan #2, but can change during the add/change period.
• If a resident hall student moves into a University apartment or off campus, his/her meal plan will be removed unless the student notifies the ID Card office requesting continuation of his/her meal plan.
• All meal plans (i.e., myGreatDane, myFlex and myChoice) and Munch Money are exempt from NYS sales tax, and therefore cannot be used to purchase guest meals, and cannot be refunded, changed or transferred after the add/drop period. See the UAlbany Dining Meal Plan Refund/Change Policy at www.ualbanydining.com for more information.
Faculty & Staff Dining Plan
Your F/S Dining Plan comes with great discounts!
With your F/S Dining Plan you will:
Enjoy a 10% discount on purchases at the following locations:
- Fountain Grill
- Fountain Grill Breakfast All Day
- Stocks, Stems & Subs
- Corner Deli Bagel
- The Purple Plate